If you are buying a printer for a home use of a small office, it makes sense to buy an All in One Printer. This is a machine that can scan, make copies and print from the computer. The standard features for a printer are getting more sophisticated each year. Current printers are able to print over a wireless connection as well as from portable flash memory in addition to printing over USB. There are several considerations to make when deciding the best machine for your use.
Inkjet vs. laser
For small time quality printing an inkjet printer is the best while large volumes of same color or black and white printing are best done by a laser printer.
Dye based inks are best for printing text while pigment based inks are best for printing glossy pages like photos.
Most printers are limited to A4 size pages but if you are in designing, you may need an A3 printer
Color vs. Black and White
Do you need to print your own brochures or specially designed work, or do you print plain text?
Do you need extra features? These include wireless connectivity, LCD touch control, Near Field Communication printing and printing from flash. These would depend on your home or office configuration. If you don’t like wire tangling, wireless printing can be handy.
With these considerations, some of the best printers of 2017 include:
- Epson Workforce Pro WF-5690- This is a good AIO printer for small offices that need to print a lot but need color once in a while. It is a fast inkjet printer with good quality output.
- Brother MFC-J6920DW – This is the AIO printer for a medium business. It can print high volumes at low cost due to Brother’s inexpensive ink cartridge technology. It has an added advantage of printing wide 11in x 17 in pages.
- Epson Workforce ET-4550- Epson has used Eco tank technology in this inkjet printer. It offers one of the lowest costs per page. It is a low volume all in one printer that is suitable for a small business or home office.
- Canon ImageClass LBP151w- This is one of the few mono laser printers to make the top on the account of its speed and above-average print quality making it suitable for a small office with high printing volumes.
- HP OfficeJet 250 – This very lightweight all in one printer that the advantage of portability. HP’s long experience in print technology can be seen in the high quality print offered by this small printer.