For people or companies that own printers, running out of toner is not an unfamiliar sight. Unpleasant as it may be, even more annoying is the struggle to find a replacement cheap toner cartridge to keep the printer running. It is a known fact that companies sell printers at economical prices and make money from the toner cartridge sales as a toner cartridge’s expected life is much less than the printer itself.
When it comes to buying new toner cartridges, companies or individuals that tend to do a lot of printing want to settle for the most cheap toner cartridges available in the market. This is due to the fact that when you print hundreds or even thousands of pages per day, you are very likely to run out of toner cartridge every few weeks, if not days. And buying a branded toner cartridge every time will greatly add up to your expenses. Cheap toner cartridges on the other hand, are sometimes available for even less than half of what a branded toner cartridge costs and therefore, are a great way to save up on the printing expenses.
As mentioned earlier, companies expect to make profits from their branded toner cartridge sales which is why they sell them at ridiculously high prices. Cheap toner cartridges are mostly manufactured by third party manufacturers and are designed to meet the specifications of the printers that they claim to support. These cheap toner cartridges, also known as generic toner cartridges, are inexpensive because their production costs are not as high as the branded toner cartridges.
Benefits of Buying a Cheap Toner Cartridge
Cheap toner cartridges’ main advantage is that they save you an exceptional amount of money by not being as expensive as the brand manufactured toner cartridges. Some of the other advantages include:
- Cheap toner cartridges save you money and cost even less when bought in bulk
- Cheap toner cartridges print the same amount of pages (sometimes even more) as your branded toner cartridge
- Most of the cheap toner cartridges print equally good copies
- Hence, they reduce cost per cartridge as well as cost per page
What to Keep in Mind before Buying a Cheap Toner Cartridge
Major brand names sometimes scare their customers by specifically stating in the user manual that any toner cartridge other than the one produced by the company itself will damage the printer or reduce its life. Well, these are mostly scare tactics to get the consumer to buy only the toner cartridges produced under their brand name. In cases where the printer is damages by the toner cartridge are those where the cartridge was not of the promised quality or was not designed for that specific printer at all. To avoid such incidents, you should always keep the following things in mind:
- Always read the customer reviews on a specific cheap toner cartridge before actually ordering it for your printer
- Carefully read the manufacturer provided manual to check if that specific cheap toner cartridge is supported by your printer or not
- Inspect your printer carefully to see if the printer is the root of the problem and needs a replacement.