Aligning your printer cartridges is a very easy process that only takes a few minutes to complete and finish. The process requires you during:
- Setting up your new printer.
- Installing your new cartridge.
- You have not used your printer for a long period.
When you are printing and suddenly experience this in your printer such as a change in the quality or having a poor print quality along the edges, showing jagged edges on the printed document, and even sometimes the mage or text may not print at all. You know that there is something not right and has something to do with the alignment of your cartridges.
Every time you print a document, the print carriage moves a movement to form all in its size, as the paper crosses upright through the printer. Then the ink cartridges layer range combinations of transparent printing ink through narrow lines until the printing is thoroughly finished and complete. It needs that all the cartridges print must be on the same horizontal plane or else, the print line will be crooked.
When Does Your Printer can be sometimes Misalign?
- There is a paper jam in the printer.
- The cartridge is not properly installed.
- You finish a large print job.
- Dirty or clogged cartridges can sometimes cause misalignment.
Print cartridge alignment is a programmed process. What you need to do is start it. You also have the choice to operate it through a manual alignment. The last corrects minute differences might not be completed by automatic alignment. If essential, you can execute the manual alignment process.
How to Align Printer Cartridges in Windows 10 PC?
The basic steps apply for all printer brands, although there may be some minor differences that are very distinctive to every brand.
But before you start, you need to make sure first that you have the latest version of the software for your printer model installed on your computer. It is not a wise move to depend only on the printer software that comes with Windows 10.
Generally, we’ll look at the more broad ways of aligning printer cartridges for these brands such as Brother, Epson, Canon, and HP printers. However, you should take note that your latest software comes including the potential to align print cartridges.
- Connect the printer to your PC and make sure that it is on mode.
- Type the word RUN in the Cortana search box then you can choose the Run app button that appears in the displayed result. You can also open the dialogue box by clicking the Windows logo + R using your keyboard.
- Then type Control Printers in the dialogue box then hit the OK button or press Enter.
- Right-click on it and go to Printing Preferences to navigate the printer.
- Locate on the Printing Preferences then choose Maintenance>Custom Settings.
- Deselect the Align Print Heads Manually for the rest of the process to make it run automatically.
- Select OK.
After following the process, a test page will be printed, so you need to load several papers in the printer before commencing the alignment proces
However, for some extreme situations, you may require to execute the alignment procedure sometimes prior you get the best print quality.
Aligning the Printer Cartridges Manually
- Select the Print Head Alignment in the maintenance window.
- Put two sheets of letter-sized paper then choose the Print Alignment option.
- Once your printing starts, let it finish.
- Enter the digit on the printed sheet of the Print Head Alignment
- For the Column A field, you can choose the pattern using the smallest amount of visible vertical streak.
- For the right side of your screen, a displayed Column A box appears. Insert the pattern number for a selected pattern.
- You can perform the last step for Column B to Column N.
- You can print the sheet pattern.
- Insert the numbers on the printed sheet of the Print Head Alignment windows as previously done.
- Press the OK button right after you enter the digits to print the sheet pattern.
- Following the printed sheet, input the numbers of patterns that have the smallest visible streaks found in Column W and Column X.
- Complete the manual alignment by clicking OK.
- Connect first the printer to your computer then press the turn on or power button.
- Launch the HP Printer Assistant or any installed printer software on your PC.
- Under the Scan and Print option, choose the Maintain Your Printer option to launch the Toolbox window for your printer.
- From there, choose the Device Services button to see other options for printer maintenance.
- Press the Align Ink Cartridges the simply follow all the instructions.
As I have mentioned above, there will be a test page that will be printed at the end of the process. Enter all the required information for the software to initiate the complete alignment procedure.
- The first step is to connect the printer to your computer. Make sure that it is power is on.
- To open the Run dialogue box, press the Windows logo + R on your keyboard.
- Then type Control Printers and choose the OK button to launch Devices and Printers.
- After that, right-click on your printer then make sure to click the Printing Preferences button.
- In the window, choose the Features button and press the Printer Services to launch the HP Toolbox.
- Simply click on the Align Print Cartridges option then follow all the instructions.
A test page will be printed as mention above. Just enter all the required data and information needed for the alignment to be done by the system.
As you can notice, it’s easy to align your printer cartridges in a Windows 10 PC, no matter the brand of your printer.
After a successful alignment process, your print quality should be improved and must be on the standard.
We hope that we can help you.
For a quality ink toner and cartridges, inktonerstore.com has a wide range of products that will match any brand of your printer and need. You can visit our website to learn more.